The following are questions that should be directed to the Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center. While we will do our best to answer your questions or point you in the right direction, more information can be found by Calling The MCASAC or visiting their website.

I want to adopt. What kind of animal/breed/species are available for adoption at the MCASAC? 

The best thing to do is go to the shelter and have a look at the animals. You may also make an appointment to speak with an Adoption Counselor. This questions can be further answered by calling the MCASAC or going to their website. 

I want to know more about a specific animal.

If you'd like to know more about a specific animal you can visit the Adoption Center during any of its open hours. Click here, to view pets currently available for adoption.

How do I adopt a pet?

If you are you considering adding a new pet to your household go visit the MC Adoption Center. For more information on adoption procedures, policies and fees, please visit the MCASAC Adoption page.

Can I bring the animal back if the adoption does not work out? 

Yes, if any adopter is unable to care for an animal adopted from MCASAC at any time, they are encouraged to return the animal to MCASAC. We will accept any animal back regardless of the reason or the time passed. 

I want to help the MCASAC animals. How do I become a volunteer?

If you'd like to become a volunteer for MCPAW, email contact@mcpaw.org. It is important to note that MCPAW volunteers do not work directly with the MCASAC animals.

If you'd like to interact with the shelter animals, please call the Adoption Center or visit the MCASAC Volunteer page to fill out an application. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.

How do I become a foster?

Our foster care program lets animal lovers bring pets from our shelters into their homes on a temporary basis to prepare them for adoption. You may apply to be a foster parent through the MCASAC volunteer program. For more information or to start an application visit the MCASAC Foster page. 

Do I need to license my pet?

By law, dogs and cats over 4 months of age must wear current rabies and pet license tags. It can save your pet's life. An immediately visible license tag on your pet's collar is the fastest way to be reunited with your lost pet and is only issued with proof of regular vaccination against the deadly rabies virus. The rabies tag issued by your veterinarian is NOT your County license!

You can license you pet online or submit an application in person or by mail. Applications and further information can be found by visiting the MCASAC Pet Licensing page. 

Questions or concerns involving reporting animal cruelty; reporting sick, injured or trapped animals; reporting an animal bite or nuisance; reporting a lost or found animal. 

Please contact MCASAC directly at 240-773-5900.