The staff and volunteers of MCPAW are overwhelmed at the generosity you have shown in the past year. Because of you, we were able to accomplish the following:
- Received a Maryland state grant and paid for the spay/neuter, vaccination, and microchip of over 400 feral community cats;
- Funded the adoption fees for more than 50 senior dogs and cats at the Montgomery County Animal Services & Adoption Center (MCASAC);
- Funded surgeries and treatment for six pets with extreme medical issues and purchased a "wheelchair" for a cherished cat at MCASAC;
- Bought enrichment items for the pets at MCASAC;
- Gave out over 25,000 pounds of food and kitty litter at our pet food pantry;
- Through our Loyal Companions program, granted funds to five adopters to help pay the medical expenses of special needs pets from MCASAC.
We are very hopeful for the coming year with so much more we can do, and we know you will continue to support us as we grow our outreach with more programs and awareness.
Please note: You may or may not be aware that with the new tax reform, the changes may impact you if you itemize your charitable contributions. Starting on January 1, 2018, the standard deduction for most individual taxpayers will increase to $12,000 for single filers and to $24,000 for joint filers, which could dramatically cut the number of people who itemize their deductions. Without itemizing, people who contribute to charities just for the write-offs will no longer have that incentive. We are still counting on your commitment to MCPAW's mission to help the animals as your incentive! Please consider making your contributions before the end of 2017.
Again, thank you for being our partners in making a difference for the animals. Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy and Healthy New Year!